Top seven developments in Indian markets last week
These seven factors affected last month movement of Indian markets.
1. Consumer Price Index rose to 4.62 per cent in the month of October compared to 3.99 per cent in September month. Inflation in food and beverages jumped to 6.93 per cent in the month of October from 4.70 per cent in September. Within this, vegetables rose 26.10 per cent, fruits 4.08 per cent, milk and dairy products 3.10 per cent, pulses 11.72 per cent as well as cereals 2.16 per cent. However, the core CPI inflation eased to 3.44 per cent in October compared to 3.99 per cent in September month.
2. Index of Industrial Production for September declined for a second consecutive month contracting 4.3 per cent as compared to last year. Cumulative IIP growth for April-September 2019 was at 1.3 per cent.
3. Manufacturing output declined by 3.9 per cent in September as compared to a 1.2 per cent decline in the month of August.
4. Mining and electricity production declined by 8.5 per cent and 2.6 per cent in the month of September.
5. Total 17 out of 23 industry groups have shown a negative growth as compared to last year in September month.
6. Brent Crude prices remained largely flat at US$62.5 per barrel as compared to previous week's closing price.
7. Gold prices too remained flat at $1465 per ounce as compared to last week's closing price.
The content does not represent the perspective of UC